keyed in: thanks emile

the grouch once called himself a simple man who liked pretty things. what an admirable thing to be it seems to me. living in brooklyn. working in advertising. tons of fun with a slender frame and few cases of wit. drink up.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

thanks emile

So last week we had our annual holiday party. As always I proceeded to get hammered drunk (synonyms I know). There were major problems with the food, so I as a true drinker does (see Marcus), I declined dinner altogether. This had some very special and surprising consequences, namely I fell asleep on the L train. For some reason when I got to the Lorimer stop someone woke me up and said,” Hey Buddy, this is the Lorimer stop.” Now I did not know this man and he did not know me, but I was in a suit and looked like I had fallen asleep accidentally, so he probably drew the conclusion that I wasn’t suppose to be or intending to be going any farther than Lorimer. However, by the time I came to, the doors had closed, so it was off to the Grand stop. Of course I watched the L on the opposite track pull out as I was pulling in, (Murphy’s Law) so I had some time on my hands. What’d I do? Fall back asleep of course and I probably would have missed a few more trains and maybe even endured my first mugging had I not heard these words, “Oh Bengt I see you sleep outside of the office too...”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home